Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Godan

Recently I was promoted to Godan rank in the International Society of Shotokan Karate-do (ISSK). I've been studying karate since 1988 and continue to do so. For those of you who know so, elevation in rank after Sandan, which I achieved in 1994, is meritorious, at least in most traditional schools.

The head instructor of my former organization, the Maryland Shotokan Karate Association, and from where I received my third dan ranking, moved to Japan a number of years ago and set up the ISSK. It is with honor that I now belong to this organization.

It will be my goal to continue to advance the do, or Way, of karate, especially Shotokan, to people desiring to learn and have it become, as it has for me, a way of life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home