Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday afternoon

Last weekend I went down to Baltimore to visit family and friends. About two hours into the seven hour drive I started thinking - man, this is a long drive. I travel thru six states (Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland) to get there. It's a long 395 miles. However, once there I'm glad I made the trip.

I spent a day and half of another with my kids and granddaughter. Went to the Friday night swing dance; to dinner with the men's groups guys; hiking with my sister and brother-in-law; even got in a two hour karate workout with a fellow martial artist; got to hang out at my old workplace. I even had a session with a psychic. In addition, for the first time ever, I got a flu and pneumonia shot. It was a good journey. Rained like crazy on Friday and Saturday was nasty but the weather cleared and the sun came out.

Now, a week later, I'm back in the routine. Thanksgiving is next week. I'm going to share it with the family of my sister's ex. They're good folks and I enjoy being in their company. I guess it'll be around a dozen or so people sitting around a table in a room to small to accommodate everyone but, hey, the intimacy is part of the sharing.

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home