Monday, September 14, 2009

Last Night's Dream

Flying. My dream last night had to do with flying. I remember visiting somewhere, a place where my friends would meet, almost like a club house or a meeting house. For some reason one of the guys had an AK 47 assault rifle and I knew that was going to cause us trouble. A minute later, after showing us the rifle, sure enough the authorities came. I thought, or said to the group, we need to get out of here before things get really bad.

I took off out of a window and flew into the sky. As I rose I needed to avoid the electrical wires strung from the building to the pole. At first I tried to go between the wires but they were too close together and so I decided to go under them and then rise up into the sky.

I never fly high, just enough to clear obstructions, it seems. Sometimes I get way up in the sky, to get a view that encompasses a wide area, but mostly I like to travel just above the highest object I need to clear.

As I flew over the rooftops and skimmed the treetops, I kept an eye out for the authorities that had entered the building. I saw they'd captured the rifle and were going after the group of us. For some reason, though I was not a leader, a ringleader, or even associatied with the rifle, I felt I was being sought, somehow through association with the group.

At another point in the dream I flew through the window of someone's house. It was the home of an elderly couple. They were downstairs; I went in through their bedroom window. They were talking as I went through their house; for some reason I wanted to exit from their front door. They saw me but didn't question my being in their house. They were familiar to me, more like in a neighborly sense than as friends.

As I opened their door to go out, I saw the authorities coming and so had to change course. I went back through their house, upstairs and out the window of a back room. As I flew out of the window I once again had to avoid the electrical wires. I cleared the rooftop and flew into and through the tree in their back yard.

Across the rooftops I flew, out into clear, open land. I flew high over a large expanse of fields and open land. It was a liberating feeling, soaring and gliding and moving in long sliding arcs. I would take these long dips toward the ground then, when getting close, would arc back up into a long upward slide to gain height.

At one point I returned to the meeting house, to see what had happened. The house was empty. I was walking around inside and saw the box the rifle had been in. Hearing the sound of people coming up the stairs I looked and saw the authorities coming. I had to once again head out the window, flying up onto the rooftop where I watched the building become surrounded by authorities and interested on-lookers. Someone pointed to the rooftop; apparently, I had been noticed.

I took off again, climbing into the sky, away from the adversity. Feeling free once more, I flew through the branches of a tree as I gained altitude. I could feel the leaves brush against me as I went. I could feel the warmth of the sun as I broke through into the clear sky.

It was probably at that point that I woke up. It was such a vivid dream. There was color, though the inside of the meeting house and the authorities were a drab brown. The elderly couple's house was bright. They had wallpaper of some type of pattern that was clean and comfortable. Trees were brown, leaves green. Electrical wires were black. The sky was blue and the fields green.

Surprisingly, the dream stayed with me long enough for me to write it down although now that I am doing so it is fading from my consciousness. I know that when I start to edit this writing, it will all slip into obscurity, the way most dreams do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home